11/20/15

Pumpkin Spiced Hot Chocolate

I really really love hot chocolate.  But trying to keep my weight down, I don't drink near what I would love too.

I also really like flavored hot chocolate.  My first experience I remember about a flavored hot chocolate other than mint, was Cinnamon Hot Chocolate.  That recipe will be coming soon.

With Thanksgiving just next week, I thought I would share my recipe for Pumpkin Spiced Hot Chocolate.


Pumpkin Spiced Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:

For each cup of hot chocolate made from this basic Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe, add the following in a mug.

1/4 cup canned pumpkin (I prefer Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin)
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 to 1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:

Mix completely. Heat and Serve with a dollop of  Whipped Topping sprinkled with Pumpkin Pie Spice.


Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe

Combine the following Ingredients:

3 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp. ground allspice

Store in small jar or spice container.

No comments:

Post a Comment